Friday, May 29, 2009

Not being a good listener dadgumit!

This is short and sweet because I haven't had nearly enough coffee to go much deeper. I was driving down the road yesterday and God totally slapped me in the face. Ok, maybe He just slapped me in the heart with something like this.....

"Fran, you have done a lot of talking and a lot of requesting, but you aren't listening to me."

So, there ya have it.

I think it's time to put my listening ears on and quit doing all the talking.

If you find yourself in the same boat, I encourage you to stop and listen to the sweet One.

"Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare." Isaiah 55:2

Love you all dearly. Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs and blessings~

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It might be short and sweet, but it is a good Word...a very good Word!!!

Love ya,
Dori

beckyjomama said...

WOW! I'm thinkin if youlda had time for more than short and sweet, I woulda been in trouble! As it is, God has used your S & S to slap me too.

And, yeah, I needed that.

Toknowhim said...

Good reminder for me... I am a big talker by nature... Love ya girl!!!

Pat S. said...

Fran,
Thank you so much. It was great to read your blog this morning. I was writing in my journal last night that I need to learn to listen to God more. God has used you to confirm that He is speaking to me. Thank you for sharing.

Pat S.
Lago Vista, Tx

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

This is a real issue I have, and it's been an life-long one: how to hear God's voice, in however he chooses to speak to me. (Meditating on him and his word is very hard for me because my mind wanders continuously.)

ocean mommy said...

Now that packs a punch doesn't it!

Love you like crazy girl! have fun with those handsome men in your life this weekend. :)


Hugs
steph.

BethAnne said...

Amen! I'm shutting up now dadgummit.

Angela Baylis said...

Yes, I needed that bit of encouragement today. Listen, Angie. Just listen to me! Stop talking, be still... and Listen! You can't talk and listen at the same time!
Have a good weekend!
Love,
Angie xoxo

p.s. My word verification was "plisten"... I think He wants me to PLEASE listen! :)

Gran Jan said...

Oh so good Fran - the application to my heart was strong.

I'm such a "git er done" girl and it is so hard for me to SIT AND LISTEN.

Love this verse so much too:

Exodus 14:14
"The Lord Himself will fight for you, just remain silent."

And from the Amplified version:

"The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace and remain at rest."

Love you -
Jan

Tammy said...

The story of my entire life.

I just can't remember to be still and quiet to listen. :-(


I blog so you can get a glimpse into my life as wife, mom of 3 boys, and someone who simply wants to bless others along the way. Have fun and be sweet :)


Boy 1

Boy 1

Boy 2

Boy 2

Boy 3

Boy 3

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets


Get your own free Blogoversary button!