Monday, September 3, 2007

Time to get Wise....

Ok....can I just scream from within and say....I'm going to Deeper Still on Friday! I just cannot wait! Do you realize that I will get to meet some of the most precious encouragers/friends for the 1st time?! There is such an amazing group of Christian women that write the most amazing posts in this blogworld and then they will comment on my post and all of a sudden you look up one day and you feel like you have 100 new BFF!! There is just nothing like Christian friendship.

Isn't it just too cool that our God has invaded the world of "blogland" and has connected people from all across the country? Some of us are hooking up Friday in Nashville to go "Deeper Still" with our Savior. This is a women's conference that has 3 amazing teachers, Beth Moore, Kay Arthur and Priscilla Shrire.....and lets just throw in some amazing praise and worship music and honey, I don't know if I will want to leave!! It's just "home" for me to be able to attend these conferences .....and in the presence of 1000's of believers.......HOLY SCHMOLY! I truly cannot wait.

As I have been thinking, praying, and spending time in scripture this wonderful, long weekend....the Holy Spirit just flat out laid something down for me....I guess you could say, "Jesus laid the law down in my heart!" He has told me over and over and over....."Fran, its time for you to dig in so deep into my Word and let it be life to you on a daily basis." And when I say this, I mean He wants me to move past the normal, routine, daily devotions, routine of normal prayers and go "Deeper Still" with Him. He has been speaking to me over and over again about really knowing....I mean really knowing His Word and bringing it to life for me on EVERY situation with my life. But, can I be honest and say that I don't give Him near the time He deserves.

Well, this is not a new revelation for me. I guess you could say that I know this already....I mean we can't stay in the same place forever....1st of all, Its boring and 2nd of all, you don't go anywhere. Well...I am not one to sit still, but I think He's sayin...sit still and let go of some stuff that seems important or very well is important, and spend some time with me right now!

Oh my gosh! I feel like I'm about to jump on a roller coaster with Him and I'm ready for the take off. Its one of those moments with me and Him that He is as close to me as my hubby is or my kids are....He is here and we are about to take to the scriptures on a daily basis on everything that we do and everything that we have going on and we are going on one heck of a thrill ride!! I JUST CAN'T WAIT!!!

Proverbs 24:3-4 "By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures."

I want our house built on God's wisdom and filled with beautiful treasures from Him.
That wisdom is going to begin with an intentional, daily, and maybe even a different walk for me, but I am ready to begin. I think I can do it. I hope you will begin or renew a journey of wisdom with Him. The treasure is there waiting.

Oh, how I love Him! I'll let you know how the journey goes. Wanna go??!!

Blessings....

7 comments:

God's girl said...

Fran,
Thanks for the comment on my blog! I so want to go on the ride with you! It always excites me to see others excited about our Lord and going Deeper with Him! What a blessing is in store for you! You will have a great time at the conference! Wish I could go! Lifting a prayer.
Much love,
Angela

Angela Baylis said...

Hi Fran!

I want to go SOOOOOOOOO badly!!!!!!!! I need a lot of notes... So don't get distracted or miss one thing! I can't wait to read your notes!!! And... since I am such a music person, I need to know what songs were played, too! (Thanks so much!) Don't I sound so demanding? I am just so excited for you and trying very hard not to be jealous!


Love and prayers for the best weekend of your life!!!
Angie

p.s. Did I mention notes??? haha

Jan said...

Hot Diggity Dog...only THREE days...
jan

Jenn said...

Aren't you even more excited that your ticket is FINALLY in the mail??? LOL! I can't wait to hear/read/see what a blast you have!!!!

Patty said...

Hi Fran!
I am glad that you visited my blog and thank you for leaving such sweet comments on my blog. I am excited about Deeper Still. I would love to meet you. I am going to be an encourager at the conference. Have you given Kim your number? We are trying to meet up, I want to take a photo of all the siestas that I can find. I know God will allow all of us to meet. He has such great delights for all of us. Have a safe trip. 2 more days!!!!

Profbaugh said...

Oh wow!! I wish I were going too. Not to be this year, however. So, I'm with Ang. Take lots of notes. . and don't forget about the music.

I can't wait to hear about who you met at the conference--what blogging Siestas that are there. Get pix and post. Remember we're living vicariously through you.

On a more serious note, I'm right with you wanting to move deeper still. Can't wait to see how this unfolds, Fran!!

Crazy for Christ,
~Cheryl

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Hey there! Found you through the Deeper Still blog. I'll be there this weekend as well. Reading how excited YOU are makes me even more excited! :) Pop over if you get a chance before our big time of amazing worship and teaching! :)


I blog so you can get a glimpse into my life as wife, mom of 3 boys, and someone who simply wants to bless others along the way. Have fun and be sweet :)


Boy 1

Boy 1

Boy 2

Boy 2

Boy 3

Boy 3

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets


Get your own free Blogoversary button!