Thursday, September 27, 2007

Things that make you go hmmmmmm......

I think that is the name of a song from clearly the '80s, but I can't come up with it or who even sang it. I wish I could have it as an option to click on and listen because we all love a good "blast from the past!" Maybe I'll add it once I do extensive research and find it. :)

Ok, I've seen so many of ya'll do something similar to this over the months that I entered blogworld and I too want to give it a try. Could be good or could be totally stupid. Its causing me to be still and really think about many, many things that make me go hmmmmmmm. So, forgive me if its completely stupid or if I seem to be all over the place. I tend to do that easily. I'm praying for some clarity as I type this now. Feel free to move on to the next blog if you wish.

Here is a list of things that make me wonder or go hmmmmmmm.
1. Very important one here, but why is McDonald's coke so much better that anyone elses? Do they get different more fizzy, carbonated coke than other places? If I'm dying for a real coke, then why is McDonald's the ONLY place to go?? Truly, there is no other coke better than McDonalds.

2. According to my 9 yr old who HATES thunderstorms, why do they come in the middle of night and totally mess up your sleeping pattern or even where you are sleeping?? Because we are known to have kids coming down to our room at the slightest sound of that middle of the night thunder. Can't get 'em up for school though. Lord, will you please move thunderstorms to 10am?

3. Why can I not go to sleep at night without taking a shower or bath first? There is something weird to me about crawling into bed with all that daily grime on me. I know....its probably strange. Needless to say, between morning hygiene and nightly hygiene, I'm one clean girl.

4. What will heaven be like at our 1st glimpse when we die?? I have been stuck on this thought lately because of deaths surrounding me. What will we see?? What will Jesus look like?? There are millions of people all over the world dying at one time. What does the "process" look like. I just wish someone could come back and share with us a glimpse of heaven. I know scripturally what Revelation says, but I want to hear it from someone. Just so curious.

5. Why can't I go to the grocery store and just buy one of everything?? I always need so many things, but I manage to scoot in and out with the minimum. I can't just go in there and get all of it. I think I have issues with grocery shopping. Maybe because I can't stand it. I have 4 others to feed other than myself and they are all very different in their eating habits and I can't stand it. Of course its their fault and not mine. :)

6. Why can I not manage to get simple things done around this house?? Its not hard. Its not even that time consuming. Yes, I work and that usually becomes my excuse. But, if I don't clean out some drawers, ya'll may have to visit me at the "home." I don't know why this is even coming up again. I have been battling this crazy thing since Summer. Hmmmmmm....Lord, let me do this on Friday when i'm not working. Please Lord give me the strength, focus, and desire. PLEASE LORD!

7. Lastly, why do I still love all the reality shows all over tv?? I will watch all that stuff on VH1, MTV, CMT.....you name it. I'm almost 38 yrs old. Am I trying to keep from really growing up??? I sit and watch and feel like I am one of them.....age wise. I'm SO not. I love reality tv. I think I might need to move on.
But, I'll wait til after February and my birthday.

Hmmmmm......I know this was huge, mind blowing stuff. I think these are all quirky things that make us who we are. And thank you Jesus for all the quirky things you poured into my DNA. I really do kinda like myself. Actually, I love my relationship with Jesus and how He can do an "Extremem Makeover!"

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so funny! I am actually with you on the reality TV thing! I still watch Survivor...I really love Dancing With The Stars and well even the Biggest Loser. Not to mention Survivorman, A Baby Story and well, yeah, basically fill in the blank! And by the way, I refuse to get old...I am fully "grown up" but OLD I SHALL NOT GET!

jennyhope said...

Oh my gosh go get Heaven by Randy Alcorn it is so so scriptural and good!

Profbaugh said...

I just loved this post. You had me with #1. Why is the coke at McDonalds better? You know I've never really asked that question, but it's always been in the back of my mind. LOL Thanks for making me laugh (even very late at night)!

Still smiling,
~Cheryl :-)

AbbyLane said...

love it!!! well, i don't know about coke at mcdonalds cause i quite drinking soft drinks about 8 years ago (crazy! i know!)...BUT i'll take an oreo mcflurry from there ANY day!!! :)

and reality shows?! oh...i can't even go there...too good ;)

Kristin said...

Hi! I came across your blog from LPM and had to laugh at this post! I'm so with you on the reality TV thing! Sometimes I think... why do I sit here sucked- in to these crazy peoples lives rather than doing something productive in my own!? My husband laughs at me all the time! Glad to know I'm not the only one.
Blessings to you ~ Kristin

Darlene R. said...

Let's see.... where to start??
I am so glad that I am not the only one that think about this kind of stuff! I loved number 2. I have thought about this one before! Usually at 3 in the morning! Number 4 gives me cold chills and number 7... I am so with you there!

Alana said...

Loved your list. I totally agree about McDonald's Coke's. Also, I believe they taste best when they are size medium or smaller. Don't ask me why!

jennyhope said...

ps i loved hearing part of your testimony on Cheryls blog and also I identify with your number 6 so much. i am struggling with the house work. last week i spent so much time cleaning and then bam the next day it was all back to the same. i have always been a neat person but i just cant get the most menial tasks accomplished.

Jackie said...

You make me laugh...I needed that today!

connorcolesmom said...

Why does Mc D's coke taste so much better!!
Loved that list!!
Kim


I blog so you can get a glimpse into my life as wife, mom of 3 boys, and someone who simply wants to bless others along the way. Have fun and be sweet :)


Boy 1

Boy 1

Boy 2

Boy 2

Boy 3

Boy 3

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets


Get your own free Blogoversary button!