Well, this is it in a nutshell, huh?!
We want to know how to be a better parent and we want to know how to be a better wife or husband to our spouse! I could talk about these two things all day long, but I won't! :)
And, we want to have Christ as the true foundation of our home.
But, why can we just completely feel clueless, lost, unsure, afraid, miserable, stressed and frustrated when it comes to either of these topics?
I am in the process of "viewing" two studies for our church to hopefully use for both of these topics to give parents and spouses an opportunity to grow together......grow with God as the center of their family.
What happens if you and your spouse differ on how to parent your children??
What if you are a single parent and you are pulled and stretched so thin you feel as if you are about to break right in two?
What if you and your spouse are in different places spiritually? What if you are the head of the household and not him?
What if your children could care less about God in everyday life?
What if your children are about to be the death of you because of their attitudes and behaviors and you have no clue what do to?
I tell you what......I am spending some time facedown before God asking Him to speak directly into this heart of mine, my husbands, my childrens lives. I'm asking Him to do this.....
1. Give us all a passion to seek You with every fiber of our being.
2. Give us a desire to really know You and what you would have for my life today.
3. Empty ourselves so that we can be filled with You, Lord, and pour out that overflow to others.
4. Give me strength, courage, clarity, wisdom, and insight to speak life and love into those I love the most.
5. Pray daily, hourly, however as much they enter my mind, for their hearts, my husbands decisions, my childrens friends, my children's decisions, coversations that we all have, pure hearts and motives within us all........
6. Fill me hourly with the Fruit of the Spirit.....I get emptied so quick so I need refilling over and over and over again. Galations 5:22
You get the idea of what I'm after with my family.......
But there are days and times that are just HARD! So, I need all the help I can get from church and the people within the church. I'm praying for opportunities that my home church can begin to offer regularly to teach and encourage parents and families down this road of life with these people we cherish most.
I can't get enough of either of these topics.
I need my strength and support to come from those who have a heart in line with Christ. And, I mean truly in line with Him.
What is influencing you as you go through this daily journey as a mom, dad, husband, wife??
I need to give every ounce of every situation to Him first and then seek those around me that can help me too.
I pray your daily journey is filled with people and resources that do just that. Our time on Earth is just too short to not be intentional about what we are after.
Seek Him friends. Seek Him in all things! Seek His Word. Find someone to help you through the difficult times. And, find those that are lined up with the Word of God.
Please share any resources that were completely helpful to you that I may also add to my list of possibilites to have at my church.
Ephesians 5:15 "Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise....."
Blessings over all of you and your families~