Monday, October 15, 2012

Time to GO!!

Y'all.....I read something today on twitter and for the life of me I can't find it. I searched and scrolled and searched and scrolled and I can't find it!! It was just that good and exactly what the Lord has been saying to me. Yes...the Lord spoke through twitter. ;-) He is able to use whatever He wants, right? Why, yes He can.

 I'm going to paraphrase what I think I read on twitter today that hit me in the gut.... "when we get to heaven God isn't going to ask how much scripture did you memorize, but what did you DO with all that truth you memorized?"

 BIG FAT HELLO!!!

I have been fired up about memorizing scripture because His Word is Truth and full of life when spoken over a person or situation. There is nothing like having His Word hidden in my heart. So....I have His Word hidden in my heart, but what am I doing with all this truth? Am I loving better? Am I serving better? Am I simply the same and not growing spiritually like I would hope?

 God has been telling me to GO lately. Scripture doesn't say to just pray or give monetarily. He commands us to GO (Matthew 28:19) and I don't like how I have been going. It's time to GO, people!!

The Lord has clearly been telling me to GO. I have been waiting on the neon sign in the sky and it just hasn't been there, so I have pretty much ignored Him. GASP. No more.

 Its just time to agree with Him and the infamous nudge in my Spirit and find me some ways to truly serve outside my comfort zone. How are you "going" lately?? Help me Lord. Show me the way. Make this path straight because I'm ready to GO!!!!

 1 John 3:18 " Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." NIV

This, my friends, is my memory verse and I hope that within the next month or so you will hold me accountable and ask me, "How's it going?" ;)

I sure do love y'all.

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fran,

Continuing to pray. Here is my verse this time:

But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
I Corinthians 6:17 (NAS)

Sheryl
Marietta, GA

Kelly S. said...

Phillipians 4:6-7 ESV
do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and supplication WITH THANKSGIVING let your requests by makde know to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

learning to give thanks in all things! love you Fran and praying for your daddy


I blog so you can get a glimpse into my life as wife, mom of 3 boys, and someone who simply wants to bless others along the way. Have fun and be sweet :)


Boy 1

Boy 1

Boy 2

Boy 2

Boy 3

Boy 3

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets


Get your own free Blogoversary button!