Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Abide

What is God saying to me today? What "thing" is He asking of me in all the busyness of life I have created? What is it? What is He asking of you this new year?  What?? I know, without a doubt, He is wanting all of us to experience this...

"Abide with me, Fran. Abide."

We look into 2013 with so many goals, desires, expectations, dreams and wishes and often forget that before we can move and go with Him into these goals, desires, expectations, dreams and wishes we must abide with Him first.

Ok..so...I'm a believer and I'm already abiding with Him. I AM with Him. Yes, as believers we are, but what about abiding with Him in the day in, day out of life? Probably not so much because I'm too busy to see God or reach out to Him for help with a decision or a child or a conversation or standing in line at the grocery. I'm not really abiding. I'm just going through day to day motions.

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; APART FROM ME YOU CAN DO NOTHING." John 15:5

Help me Jesus. I need to abide in you all day long...with every conversation, with every decision, with my husband, with my teenagers who are only with me for a short time, with my serving, with my work, with it all.

Help me Jesus to see you in the ordinary.

Jesus came to dwell among us. He is way more than living in the sky. He came to live in our hearts and have a real relationship with us. He spoke the world and universe into existence and then have a relationship with US. ME, YOU, US!!

If you don't know who or what I'm talking about, please leave a comment and I'll reach out to you. He saved my life. He dug me out of a lifetime of sin and a pit that I didn't even know how deep it was. He is as real to me as my family is. I want Him to be real to you and abide with you.

Let's truly abide with Him in 2013. Embrace the vine. Embrace the ordinary. He is there.

We are to abide first and go second.

For a sermon on this subject and one that truly inspired me and affirmed what God had been speaking to me, you can watch or listen here. Thank you Pete Wilson.

I love you and I love Him. Here's to abiding in 2013!


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Fran,
I was listening to Frank Friedmann this morning. I love what he said about fruit. We are the branches, we don't produce fruit. The VINE produces fruit through the branches.

Abiding in Him provides us with such wonderful nourishment. He is awesome!

Sheryl


I blog so you can get a glimpse into my life as wife, mom of 3 boys, and someone who simply wants to bless others along the way. Have fun and be sweet :)


Boy 1

Boy 1

Boy 2

Boy 2

Boy 3

Boy 3

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets


Get your own free Blogoversary button!