Saturday, August 25, 2007

Ya'll, this was for real...

Ok...lets just say we have had a CRAZY week because head of the household (AKA Chip) has been out of town and finally arrived back home at 3:30 this morning....YIKES!! I told him over the phone in the wee hours of the morning, as he was stranded in Atlanta, that I would get #2 child, Tyler, to the ball field at the break of dawn!
Well, i know i was 1/2 asleep because I NEVER take him to the ball field that early and I don't know if I knew where all the stuff was and how to get him ready! Oh, of course I do, I'm Mom, but it sure made me question my role as mom/dad when the real dad is away...

Anyway, I get up early and get us out the door in time to go to Starbucks....of course I need that and deserve that for doing the "boy thing" on a Saturday! :)
I get out of the car in the parking lot and can smell the caffeine, but all of a sudden this red truck catches my attention out of the corner of my eye....this truck at 1st glance looks like a hippie truck...lots of stickers and stuff all over it so I guess that makes it a hippie truck...but, its clearly not as I look at it for what seemed like minutes....get ready for this....it said....

"Live for Satan....Self-righteous is the way!" I am looking all around, getting in line, scanning to see "who" this person could be. Did I think I would recognize "who" might be driving this truck?? What did this person look like???
Noone stood out...NOONE!! Everyone looked so normal....whatever that is. I order my coffee and I'm just looking everywhere to find this person....what was I going to do if I thought I found this person??? Was I gonna fly in and save them?? Was I gonna yell at them and tell them how ridiculous they were??? Would I want to hear why they believe the words on that truck??? Would I give them some very mean look?? What on earth was I really going to do???

Since everyone looked so "normal," I was at a complete loss. My emotions and blood pressure settled down....my defense mechanism settled down...and I grabbed my coffee and left. There was so much anti-Jesus all over his car that it made me sick. I drove off and just prayed for that person...but, then I began to think....

What does my car, life, appearance say about who I am and who I represent? I truly pray that I reflect Jesus. I know that I don't all the time...but, Lord help me to reflect your beauty and love and give me the courage to go to bat for you when I need too. I don't think I have ever had to do that yet...I can't think of a time when I've been in conversation with a non-believer....oh wait a minute. Yes, I can. And you won't believe this...it just dawned on me.....its a family member outside of my immediate family!!

Ok....our actions and words need to speak loudly of who we are...in a gracious, beautiful way. Let others wonder..."what has she got?? I want that." Oh...his name is JESUS! He transformed my life because I looked at someone else and wondered, "what has she got? I want that." This person lead me to the bible and the personal relationship you can have with Jesus. That person was the vessel that changed me forever.

I pray that you are a vessel that can bring someone to our loving, Savior. Even those that can be in the church may not know a personal, real Jesus. Reflect His beauty and your life with Him....you never know who might be watching...and you never know...you may change someones life forever.

Now.....lets rewrite that truck...."Live for Jesus....He is the way!"
Blessings...

6 comments:

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

Hi _ i just read that yo live in Jackson, TN. I used to live there too - i got maried there and went to Union. Small world!!

Hope you ahve a great week!

Leigh

Jan said...

Just stumbled across your blog. Your boys are so precious! I have so many photos of my two guys (18and15) that reminded me of your guys all lined up on the first day of school.
Children are such a sweet blessing from the Lord :)
jan

connorcolesmom said...

fran,
I loved this post. How true that our vessel represents who and Whose we are.
I know you asked of I lived in AR. No I live in Ga but ironically have been praying for Karen. I found her through someone else and her story just moves me to tears!!
Thank you for stopping by my blog - I enjoyed your visit come by again :)
Love,
Kim

God's girl said...

What a great post! I have often wondered about that too. What someone with a car stickered like that may look like. Do I look different from them? Great post!
Blessings,
Angela

Profbaugh said...

You know what really bother me? When someone has Christian symbols, bumperstickers, etc. on their vehicle, but they DRIVE like a non-believer--cutting people off, honking, tailgating. . . you get the picture. That behavior so undermines the witness the person is supposedly displaying on their car.

So yes our actions do speak volumes about us. As Christians we especially need to be more aware about this as we're driving in our cars.

~Cheryl

jennyhope said...

i got your message on my blog and it just spoke to me about authenticity! I have been crazy busy lately!! :)


I blog so you can get a glimpse into my life as wife, mom of 3 boys, and someone who simply wants to bless others along the way. Have fun and be sweet :)


Boy 1

Boy 1

Boy 2

Boy 2

Boy 3

Boy 3

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets


Get your own free Blogoversary button!