Monday, February 4, 2008

This got me...it got my heart!

I have a confession to make. And, you know what? My heart really hurts as I begin to think this through and let this be known to you.....


Me or my family do not do anything for children outside of the United States as far as supporting organized efforts to feed them, clothe them, or bring the gospel of Jesus Christ to them.


My heart is breaking about this. This has gotten to me y'all.


It's time for a change. I'm going to see if the families within Children's Ministry at my home church want to jump on board too. I have the privilege of serving them as the Director of Children's Ministry and they are the most compassionate group of families I've ever known.


We can find a meaningful path together...we can find a fit to help sponsor a child. And, then.....I'm going to take this on individually as a Christian momma who sees my family COMPLETELY BLESSED and we MUST DO MORE!!


That is how my heart feels right this minute. I do believe that God calls each of us to take care of His people all over His world.....within our communitites, but also thousands of miles away. We CAN make a difference.


I cried this morning as I watched this video on youtube. I beg you from the bottom of my heart to find time to watch. How can we turn away from helping children on a regular basis??


God has spoken. I'm listening. I'm waiting for Him to let me know the path my family should take as well as my church family.


I pray that through this video we will intentionally help those who have absolutely nothing and are counting on us to be the hands and feet of Christ.

Galations 2:10 "All they asked was that we remember the poor...."


10 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you for sharing this dear.

ocean mommy said...

I have no words. Just tears.

Earen said...

Wow, how touching was that. The tears swelled in my eyes when he gave the very shirt off his back. We sponsor 2 little children & it brings us such amazing joy to know that God is using us to help them, not to mention the wonderful letters we receive from them. It's truly life changing....

BethAnne said...

My husband and I have been talking about the same thing. We buy Christmas presents for kids in our area who may not otherwise have presents, but recently when we were watching Life Today, we were convicted about placing a water well in one of the areas that needs it most. It is amazing to me that there are people who drink cholera filled water everyday. I am excited about knowing that we have helped a group of people be able to give their kids clean water. When you actually see what is going on in these countries, it is humbling and makes you realize something must be done. I pray that the Lord will show you where you and your money are needed and I pray that people will come to Christ because of your service!

Alana said...

I love Sara Groves and this video. I've seen it once before. It sure is convicting. We are so sheltered from the reality of life for so many in this country. Or we choose to turn a blind eye.

Susan said...

We were recently convicted at a Casting Crowns concert to help with World Vision. I felt like we are so stinkin' blessed...we had to do something!

Unknown said...

I love your heart Fran. You are precious.
XOXO
Ter

AbbyLane said...

you are so sweet and i love your heart...

i feel this way alot as well. my parents used to be missionaries in africa before i was born, so i have always felt connected to that place through their stories and pictures...and i now have a sponsor kid that ironically (well, because of GOD) lives in the SAME TOWN that they lived in...i'm hoping to get their one day to meet her..

thanks for posting about this :)

Mari said...

We trully are blessed. Thanks for posting this....Found you through heknowsmyname..
In His grace alone,
Mari

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

I walked in a place just like this last year when I visited my daughter in Thailand, a village with no running no water, no electricity, no nothing and these kids were begging for 10 cents for food---that's how they get their lunch money---selling beads for 10 baht or 10 cents and I'm digging in my purse for every coin/dollar I have with me. But, their faces have never left me Fran and I so want to do something for them. Brooke is there all there all the time. Thanks so much for posting this---no substitution...Jesus is there---look at their smiles. I just left you an email prayer request for me! I'll be back.


I blog so you can get a glimpse into my life as wife, mom of 3 boys, and someone who simply wants to bless others along the way. Have fun and be sweet :)


Boy 1

Boy 1

Boy 2

Boy 2

Boy 3

Boy 3

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets


Get your own free Blogoversary button!