Monday, June 2, 2008

Some Monday randomness...

Well, I am about to say the infamous...

"I got nothin!"

Is it because it's Summer and our brains have just all but stopped?? I don't know. How about I tell you some random things from the weekend....and, of course, in no particular order.

1. I slept in my 7 yr olds bed last night because he was gone and the 10 yr old brother doesn't want to sleep by himself.....aaaaahhhhh.....and it was the best sleep I have had in a week!

2. I rode around with cat poop on the hood of my car all day yesterday. It was not cute. It is still there. It's in a nice dried up look right now.

3. We are trying to trap a wild cat that is roaming our neighborhood and is mean as a snake. We've got us an official trap and a can of tuna ready to go! Only in the South people!

4. I saw 722 baseball games over the weekend. Well, maybe not that much, but it sure seemed like it. It was fun though. I love watching my kids play!

5. I do believe the temperature hit all time records over the weekend. And, the humidity....OH MY GOSH! It melted a layer of skin off me.

6. I'm getting frustrated with the Obama/Clinton delegate thing. It's just getting old. I'm watching it on Good Morning America right now. Yuck.

7. Are we a country of addicts or what? Ok, maybe its just me. But, I am clearly addicted to text messaging right now.

8. I'm excited about doing "Jesus the One and Only" this Summer. I did this study many years ago and it was my first Beth Moore study. Its phenomenal and I can't wait to get back in the Word with other women. I've missed it and I need them.

9. I got 2 inches cut off my hair and absolutely love it. I feel like I lost 2 pounds. Of course I didn't, but you feel so much lighter.

10. Finally, I'm gonna leave you with a quote that someone told me over the weekend on Saturday night as we talked about our baseball schedules for Sunday.....

"Oh, you need to go do that church thing tomorrow?"

That may be a post this week. It's been in my head and won't leave.

Anyway, I hope you have a great day. I hope you had a great weekend. And, maybe my brain cells will start firing and I'll come up with something a little better than this.

Hugs from the hot South,
Fran

17 comments:

Denise said...

Big hugs and much love to you my friend.

Michelle V said...

Fran,

Well, I was biting into my lunch just as I read about your dried cat poop! HA! That was too funny!!

And I love Jesus the One and Only! "Passion of the Christ" came out the year we did that one, and we all went to see it. There is one particular video session of that study that I still remember to this day and I sobbed like a baby! It's great to be in the Word with a group of women!

Blessings
Michelle

Unknown said...

Cat poop on the roof of your car??? I am speechless. :) (I loathe cats...ew.)

Text messaging addict? I don't know anyone else who is addicted to texting. ;) You are SO hip! (When I saw your comment on my blog I almost texted you the number "four"...see, I can be sassy too, we are a match made in heaven I'll tell you!)

I'll be talking to you soon!
Love you!

BethAnne said...

GIRL!!!!

Hot aint the word! Hot is one thing, but when you add 110% humidity it is akin to living inside a raging fire!!!!

I, too, have lost all brain cells - neurons are not firing....posts are not being formed in my head or on the screen. Later, I will be posting some random nothingness of my own......

Oh yeah, I couldnt be more sick of Clinton or Obama (or McCain either for that matter).....I will add that to my list of random things as well.........any other randomn thoughts I can copy from you?

Alana said...

I'm kind of loving the texting thing now, too. But I'm new to it.

Need a picture of that cute haircut!

Earen said...

Where's the picture of your new hair cut?! I enjoy reading your random thoughts....sorry it's so hot there too...don't miss that about the south.

MelanieJoy said...

Are you kidding....my brain cells are so gone that I needed something funny and light to read. I just walked in the door and have five min. before I make a stop to pick up an extra kiddo and head to church...WoooHOooo. Have a good one! Thanks for the prayers this week!!!!!I'll NEED them =)

Jenny said...

I am SO sick of Obama/Clinton. Yawn! I wish they would just get it over with already!!!

Have a great day, friend!

Anonymous said...

What a hoot! I am so glad that I popped over here from Linda's!

Angela Baylis said...

I love baseball!
I agree with being sick of the politics.
Show us a picture of your hair. Isn't it funny how you feel so much lighter just with a good haircut?
Hope your Tuesday is going well!
Love,
Angie xoxo

ocean mommy said...

YES it's HOT!!! And due to a mommy forgetting to put a swim diaper on her child last night, our community pool is closed today for a good cleaning. My girls are so upset! It's 92 degrees and we are SO ready to swim!

I'm with you on trapping the wild cat!! We've got a few that are leaving "gifts" all over our neighborhood! It's just plain gross. :(

Love you girl! Stay cool
steph

connorcolesmom said...

YOU CRACK ME UP!
I just laughed through that whole post
I feel that way today
We are at my parents and it is so hot we keep getting in and out of the pool that is all we have done all day
I am exhausted but not my boys they are 90 to nothin
Love ya
Kim

A Stone Gatherer said...

I love the cat poop one! Enjoy doing "Jesus the One and Only" again! We just did it last Fall and it's fabulous!

connie said...

Fran,
I understand sometimes not having anything to say...
Lets see I love reading about things like this...
I laughed so hard when I read about the cat poop ewww...
Oh now I agree I love texting, I have been doing it since it came out, and I have got to where I can do it with out looking and I have unlimited text and that is a good thing I do a ton a month...

Now the quote, that brought a tons of tings to my head when I read it, I can't wait to hear more from you about it...
Have the rest of a great week...
Connie
GBU

Lysa TerKeurst said...

I've got one of those wild cats roaming about near our home too... let me know how said trapping goes.

Thanks for all of your encouraging comments- you made my day today.

Sweet Blessings!

Susan said...

I thought you didn't have anything to say? LOL.

Love ya.

S

Darlene R. said...

I laughed so hard at the cat poop thing! So funny!

It finally hot here now, too. And humid. Our church is getting new air conditioning and hopefully very soon!

Have a great Thursday!


I blog so you can get a glimpse into my life as wife, mom of 3 boys, and someone who simply wants to bless others along the way. Have fun and be sweet :)


Boy 1

Boy 1

Boy 2

Boy 2

Boy 3

Boy 3

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets


Get your own free Blogoversary button!