Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Where we are today....the conclusion to the story

Well friends....here we are at the end of the story. But, you know what? I don't think it's the end. I think it's the beginning. It all depends on how you look at it. Seasons come and go. Why on earth did I really think life would be the exact same for years and years?? Nah.....God is way too exciting for that nonsense. ;)

So....let's wrap this thing up with some hope ok?

I went to my pastor in August and told him that I had wrestled the thing out with God and even though I had been a mess of emotions, I believed God was very clearly saying...."it's time for you to go Fran."

Gulp.

I sat in shock again. This was indeed real. My life as I knew it was officially over. I quietly snuck out of the church spotlight and packed up my office on Labor Day and left with intense peace in my heart.

But, I was still scared to death.

What I didn't tell you was that my job paid for two of my boys private school tuition. And, yes....that job was gone. And, yes....they still needed to go to school.

So, how are we going to handle this Lord?

I remember saying to someone that the calendar became my enemy. I never wanted to know the date because then I would know that tuition is due in X amount of days and momma had no job.

Gulp again.

A lot of praying now.

For the month of September and the month of October....our sweet Lord took care of the tuition in most unexpected ways. Oh, how I marvel at His provision and the use of others. Wow!! Those 2 months allowed us to not have to dip into savings. Thank you Lord.

In the mean time...I was pursuing some job opportunities that could help things out. Keep in mind...I'm not trained in any thing. I'm a college graduate, but that was FOREVER ago and I never really worked until I landed in ministry at our church.

Hello unqualified...nice to meet you.

After a series of very calculated events....the good Lord basically placed a job in my lap. No lie. Honest to goodness this was not the job I had ever pursued. Is it in ministry? No. Is it in a church? No. Will I get to love on people in a Christian environment?? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

Wow! I'm amazed at His work and His faithfulness and His provision. He really does have our best interest at heart.

This new job will be very different for me and my family, but why in the world would I worry about the new challenges we will face when I have just seen first hand....He WILL provide.

We have some adjustments to make within the family, but it is not hard and can be done.

I have walked a road that I never, ever saw coming and won't ever forget how it all felt. But, I am coming out of the wilderness ready to tell others just how awesome God is to those who love Him and pursue His desires over their life.

I have learned so much about loss, grief, pride, humility, and God's character through all this and I wouldn't trade it for all the money in the world.

He may not take you down the shiny, pretty road, but I can promise you you'll be glad you hung on for the ride.

Thank you for your words of encouragement and love. It means the absolute world to me.

I hope you know the One who heals, restores, redeems, and tends to the ones He has sought out.
He loves you so!!

And, one more thing....I love the church and all that is in it. I pray we all find ourselves in a place where we are loved, taught the word of God, and are a part of something so special in that community.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

Hugs and blessings~
Fran

30 comments:

ocean mommy said...

BIG SMILES!

Wow. From one glory to another. No way He is done. What a journey He has had you on!

(Must know more about this job! We did NOT get to talk enough in Memphis!)

Hugs,
steph.

Ashley said...

Pray the Lord continues to reveal Himself to you through this...

So happy for you in your obedience to Him. Can't wait to hear more about your new job! Where and what will you be doing?

I've loved "getting to know you" through Twitter! Gotta love social media! :)

Darla said...

HE does always provide!

?? do you still have times of struggle with your passion, or not? just curious..i still do from time to time

3girlsmom said...

I have so enjoyed sitting on the sidelines and watching God play this thing out in your life. You have a heart that I adore and a faith that I strive for. Enjoy your Caanan! The wilderness has been rough, but the end result will be worth the journey!

You are a rock star!
LOVE YOU!

Tammy said...

You and your story are a blessing! God is good and faithful....ALWAYS!

beckyjomama said...

And again I say, you are my hero! I love your transparancy through all of this and how you have obediently followed Him. Love you!

Melinda said...

What a story! And of course, God wins, and those that love Him get to bask in the glory!

Love you Fran...can't wait to hear more about what you'll be doing!

XO Melinda

Little Steps Of Faith said...

I am so glad we have both gone through the faith storm and that His favor is now so evident! Love you girl and always praying for ya!
Love your now Savannanian friend,
Ang

HIS Child said...

Sweet Victory Fran,

Thanks for sharing and spurring your siesta's on in the faith. May He bless you as you move forward in all He has planned for you. And darling you are a daughter of the Most High and are made "competently competent" at all you set your hand to.
Love to you,
Celeste

Mary Lou said...

God is ALWAYS faithful. He has seen me thru some crisis, well, He carried me thru them. My verses for these two weeks have been Isaiah 43:1-2 and He gave them to me years ago and they are for something right now. The beauty of it, is that I can truly see how He kept His promises all those years ago and then in other times. You will have the same testimony because of what you just went thru. Giving Him ALL of the glory and ALL of the praise, for He is faithful, even when we are not and that is very humbling. Blessings on your new job and your testimony. Love, Mary Lou

Meli n Pat said...

That is a great testimony of how God uses very humbling ways to bring us where He wants us. I can relate, but that's another story! It can be tough during the refining, but so well worth it. Time also heals those hurts, especially when we see how God orchestrated it all. I am so thankful for my refining and wouldn't trade it for the world. I can tell you are also on that same path! Congratulations and enjoy the surprises He has in store!

Toknowhim said...

Definitely an ending with hope... Keep us updated as you travel this new road :)

Love ya, Kim

A Stone Gatherer said...

Thanks Fran for sharing your heart! It has given me hope and a determination to see things through until God calls me out. I will continue to wait patiently for him to tell me where to go and what to do. In the meantime I trust his provisions of peace through the storm!

Pat said...

Praise the Lord!! He knows the end of every story and the end is ALWAYS good for those who place their hope in Him right?!!
You are an example of walking by faith!
You go girl!
Blessings,

Shelly said...

Fran Fran Fran! yay I can clap in praise for you and Jesus now!

Leah Adams said...

Beautiful testimony!! You are doing a great job of bragging on God and I know He is smiling on you!! Don't you just love how He loves to surprise us!!

Leah

NikkiPoppins said...

Yay! I am so happy for you! I have been so blessed to pray for you as you have gone through this time. You have been an example for me, and I'm sure countless others, as you've gone through this journey. You stayed in the word and prayed up and didn't become bitter or spiteful, something that is so easy to do in that situation. Thank for you for sharing this with us! Can not wait to see what God has lined up for you in this next chapter of your life! You are amazing and the people who you are about to start working with better get ready for some fun times because you are tons of fun! I love you lots and lots!!

connorcolesmom said...

SO EXCITED for you!
Can not wait to hear more about the new job!
Much love
Kim

Inksstillwet said...

I love that God has received all the glory in the details of every bit of this, Fran! To Him be all glory, honor and praise! I'm so excited for these next steps He's taking you and how He's going to show Himself off some more for you. You just keep your eyes up, your heart open and your mind prepared with the gospel of peace. He's preparing. Wait in anticipation of the next showing! (He's just so dramatic like that) Love you sweet friend, Amy

Shelley said...

Beautiful Fran, just beautiful! I love this line..."Why on earth did I really think life would be the exact same for years and years?? Nah.....God is way too exciting for that nonsense. ;)"...That is brilliant! So true! Thank you for sharing your journey.

Karen said...

Hugs and blessings to YOU, Fran. So excited to see what God has in store for you with this next journey. Love you much.

karen

Rachel said...

YEAH!!! I'm so happy to hear how Our Provider provided!!!

And yes, walking a similar road, I know of that which you speak. He does love us so!

And as you can see, we all love you!!
rachel

Mel @ Studio MCA Designs said...

Glad you are finally on this end of the thing! I know what it's like to deal with things changing (and changing and changing...Ha!) Used to fight it, but now I am learning to embrace the journey, just like you are. It can be an amazing ride!

Cannot wait to hear all about this new job.

Love you,
Mel

Anonymous said...

Awesome story, Fran! I especially love how you left out the details that, though so important to you and your feelings, don't make or mean a hill o' beans in the grand scheme of things. Of course, my inner 90210 wants to know the sordid details, but that's just a character flaw I need to work on on my own. :)

Congrats on the new job opportunity! Cannot wait to hear more!

doo-dah said...

Thanks for sharing your story Fran and I will continue to pray for you. So glad I was able to meet you in Memphis, even if just to say Hi and let you know I read your blog.

Holly said...

I've not known what the hard thing was, but I have been praying for you for months, dear Fran. I am so glad that you not only followed the Lord and found peace and provision, but that He has been faithful to you and your family! I love to see instances of trying Him and finding Him faithful once more. It builds my faith and every one you share this testimony with!! I love you so much in Jesus, Fran. You have a beautiful heart, friend.

Gran Jan said...

Fran - I am blessed by reading your journey of faith. I love the way you tenderly and respectfully handled this post. IT shows your character - and it looks good on you!

As a pastor's wife for a LONG time, I know how painful it is when it happens in the "church house." In fact Psalm 55:12-14 talks about how hard it is when it is someone you worshipped with and walked with...

No matter what, God is pleased when His children behave like Jesus, and I'm so glad that you are on this side. WOW - can't wait to see what He does with you and through you!

The Lord's "work," does not have to be "church work!" Aren't we glad?

Saved by Grace,
Jan

Cheryl said...

I'm doing a happy dance right now. well not really but I'm doing it on the inside!!! lol!

God is so good and faithful!

WOO-HOO! Go GOD!

Unknown said...

So happy for you my friend and excited to hear the wonderous things He has in store for you! Your heart has taken a beating but you came out the other side unscathed--because His had was about you. I love seeing HIM get all the glory. You are precious Fran. Thanks for being a light in the darkness!

Unknown said...

Praying that God will truly be glorified as you walk this new path of life. God's journeys are always unexpected. Just remember, God gives us enough light for our path so we can take the next step.

Lifting you up...

~blessings


I blog so you can get a glimpse into my life as wife, mom of 3 boys, and someone who simply wants to bless others along the way. Have fun and be sweet :)


Boy 1

Boy 1

Boy 2

Boy 2

Boy 3

Boy 3

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets


Get your own free Blogoversary button!