Monday, September 20, 2010

Swimming in the shallow end!



A couple of weeks ago my pastor said something in his sermon that won't leave me alone. And, I'm completely guilty of this right now and I don't like it.

Here is my observation....

If you are at all wrapped up in the world of computers, gadgets, iphones, cell phones, facebook, twitter, blah blah blah....my hunch is you read a lot of things throughout the day that go in one ear and out the other. Right?

Is there much depth in your day???

My day is shallow and empty right now and it's time to make a change. And when I say my day is shallow and empty I mean the conversations and relationships that are constantly before me day in and day out don't have much depth to them.

I'm wondering....are you swimming in the shallow end or the deep end?

I'm ready to get back into the deep end. It's where I get fed and grow the most.

Hugs and blessings y'all~

11 comments:

Lauren said...

WOW, this is good. Feeling conviction on this!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet girl, God has been speaking this to my heart, too! I want you to know that even though you live 2 hours away and even though I've only hugged you once you are one of my DEEP END FRIENDS! I have plenty of those that I see every day, too, but I wouldn't trade you, Holly and so many others that I've met online for anything in the world!!!

Who but God could have orchestrated friendships this way? He is so CREATIVE!!!!

Love you and see you on FRIDAY!!!

Dori

BARBIE said...

This is so good! I have many on line friends, and although I do not look at most of those as shallow relationships, I know all too well what it's like to hide behind FB, blogging, social media, etc. If I don't reach out and touch at least one life up close and personal every day, than I am swimming in a shallow pool. Thank you for giving me something to chew on.

ocean mommy said...

Whew...just going to say...wow, that is good. And that it preaches.

hugs
s.

Gran Jan said...

Hey Fran! I want to stay in the deep end and with no swimmies :) And to "tread water" you have to be STRONG! Another analogy I heard recently that really has stayed with me is that it is in the valley where the fruit grows...not up on the mountain. We can't stay on that mountain - we have to get down deep in the valley - where He can restore us and we can grow fruit...

I sure love you friend. And I'm so proud of your new church...since I'm like a Baptist pastor's wife and all! (An OLD one!) But being biblical is more important than being Baptist, and you are in a GREAT church!

Much love,
"Mrs. Jan"

Leah Adams said...

Girl, I think we may be headed for the deep end this weekend!! So looking forward to gIRL! See you in a just a few days!!

Leah

Melinda said...

Wow.

Oh, and I'm with Leah. :o)

xo m

Izzy said...

Interesting post! Really makes me think about it. Btw, great shot!

Heather said...

Great post Fran!! You have challenged me today!! Thank you for sharing, my life is pretty shallow right now, time for a change!

Unknown said...

Great question, Fran.

My desire is to live in the deep end.

Your post will make me mindful (at least today) of my conversations.

Sheryl

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

A Deep End friend. I like that Dori. And I love you Fran. That's all I have to say.

Does that make me shallow? :)


I blog so you can get a glimpse into my life as wife, mom of 3 boys, and someone who simply wants to bless others along the way. Have fun and be sweet :)


Boy 1

Boy 1

Boy 2

Boy 2

Boy 3

Boy 3

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets


Get your own free Blogoversary button!