Monday, November 19, 2012

Taking care of me, us, them

Y'all...I watched the AMA's tonight and was laughing and crying over "what in the world was that mess on tv??" Then, I flipped over to the Steelers/Ravens game and saw the Steeler's uniforms and again..."what in the world was that mess on tv?!" After enough of the back and forth shaking of the head and sounding like I'm 210 years old I decided to study 10th grade biology with my 16 year old because that would seem somewhat normal to me. Ask me anything about cells and cell membranes and a whole bunch of other words I can't pronounce....come on! I dare ya! I'm feeling so much smarter now. :)

But, first....here is bless her heart....


And then there is the bumble bee team.... AKA Pittsburg Steelers:


 Biology was the only way to go folks.

Anyway...how excited are we that its THANKSGIVING WEEK??!!  I'm almost one of those people who wants to put our Christmas decorations up as well as carve the turkey all at the same time. I just can't y'all. I just can't. I want to....but I can't.  Help me Jesus. Pinterest is killing me.

What am I MOST thankful for this year?  Only one thing??  Name the BESTEST of the BEST when it comes to gratitude? Oh gosh...this is tough. However...it all boils down to one theme I have seen over and over and over since July....and it's called "provision." Our lives began to change dramatically this past July and with every big twist and turn...HE PROVIDED. He is still providing. He will continue to provide. Whew.

Thank you Jesus for carrying me, us, them these past several months. How in the world do we even begin to think we can do any piece of this without you?  I did that once...years ago...heck just yesterday I got hung up in my own provision and thought I could control and manage it all. Why, hello pride. There you are again. ;)

You are sweet to come in and remind me that this is yours to carry. Thank you again, Lord. Thank you!

Matthew 11:29-30 NIV
"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” 

I'm letting go more and more of me every single day and picking up more and more of Him instead. He will take care of me, us, them And for that I am eternally grateful. He has us. All of us.

Blessings y'all...

 

3 comments:

Kelly S. said...

Provision. I love it! My theme since august has been Thankfulness. Im learning to really giving things in all situations. And as only God would have it, our choir is singing Thanks Be To Our God tomorrow night at our Thankgsgiving service. So fun!
This verse is part of our study this last two weeks. Hebrews 4.12 ESV. Yes I know, Ive never committed to memory, even though its Mama B's theme verse :-)
(OK, my itunes is playing and "The Word is Alive" by Casting Crowns just started and its basically this verse, COOL)
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving week, praying for your dad.

Kelly S. said...

I tried to edit "giving things" to "giving thanks", and may have deleted? I'll check it later :-)

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Fran!! I didn't know you had a blog! I have one but yours is so much better!! I will Definitly be following! I love you sooo much! Thanks for everything! -Haley Carpenter(:


I blog so you can get a glimpse into my life as wife, mom of 3 boys, and someone who simply wants to bless others along the way. Have fun and be sweet :)


Boy 1

Boy 1

Boy 2

Boy 2

Boy 3

Boy 3

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets


Get your own free Blogoversary button!