Monday, December 27, 2010

Where did the babies go?

How quickly our Christmas' change. The oldest is now 14. The next wild one is 13. The baby is 10. (Husband rolls eyes when I call him the baby.) Needless to say....this was our last year to "believe." KILLS ME!!!!!!!! I guess if we adopt the Polar Express theme....we will always believe.

Anyway....the hooligans got lots of neat clothes. They are apparently spoiled rotten and I am currently taking mental momma inventory of that. And yes....I'm going to read Radical starting this week. I need help. ;) These boys have everything under the sun. It's so sad that come Christmas you end up with a bunch of clothes because you have every gadget ever produced.
Shoot me.

Anyway....here they are. They really do love one another. They are as different as night and day.
Thankfully they don't know who David Platt is or ever heard of the book Radical and have no idea just how much their lives are about to change. ;)


Take a note of the "baby's" sweatshirt on the far left. I laugh every time I read it...."My game is money!" Don't you love it?

It's time to start thinking forward to 2011. This can be happy or it can be painful. I'm choosing the happy side of it all.

What in the world do we drastically attempt to do different this next year?? Just one. I'm thinking. And I don't like to think I'm going to do more than one drastic thing because I won't. It's kind of like reading the bible in a year thing. I'll fail.

Hmmmm.....what is my "one?"

Love y'all. Hope all is well in your wintry neck of the woods!

10 comments:

Mary R Snyder said...

Hey FRAN!!!! Love the new design and from one love-to-spoil-my-babies Momma to another....I feel your pain.

My baby girl wanted ..... "money for her savings account." And it's not because there wasn't stuff she wanted, we just wouldn't cave to the Mac Air.

What am I changing... that one thing?
My pray is that I CRAVE God more this year.
I want to crave God the way I crave a chocolate donut.
I want to crave God so much that I NEED to be with Him to function.
I want to crave God so much it HURTS when I take one tiny baby step away.
That's what I want this year.

Deidre said...

Hmmm ... I'm thinking after you read Radical they may learn who David Platt is. Ha! I'm just kidding. It's fun to spoil our kids and he doesn't say otherwise :)

Love the picture. I feared this was our last year to believe for my oldest (9), but she seems convinced. Maybe 1 more year for her?


Glad you had a Merry Christmas, Fran!

BARBIE said...

What a handsome group of boys. There are so many things I want to do this year:
1. Read the Daily Bible and finish it!
2. Get my weight under control.
3. Be more patient with my kids.
4. Start a gratitude journal.

Have a blessed day!

Unknown said...

#1. I love the new blog design! :)

#2. My kids are spoiled too.

#3. I want to live to give, and live to love. That is my focus of 2011!

I'll be reading Radical with you, going to get it today!

Love ya,
T

Alana said...

LOVE your new design! Thought I would stop in and say "hi"! Maybe my one thing is to blog again? Not sure, I'm afraid I will fail at that, too! :-)

Pat Layton said...

Fran your blog is looking beautiful, just like you!

Personally, I think us Mama's are supposed to spoil our babies!! Right?? If not, I'm in T R O U B L E :)

My single desire for 2011 is to fall MORE madly in love with Jesus and my motto for the year is:

"The treasures of Heaven in 2011". Clever huh?
Blessings, girl,
Pat

LisaShaw said...

Hi Fran,

Loved your family photo in your header and enjoyed your message! As a Momma and a Grandma spoiling in love is on my agenda big time!

Your family is very handsome and I pray the Lord's blessings over all of you! Happy New Year!!!

Oh as for the one thing...I talk about it on my own blog...MORE JESUS!!!

Grace and Beauty said...

Hi Fran
I popped over from the Preachers Wife Blog.
Children do grow up so quickly. I have no idea how my kids got so old!
Blessings, and Happy New Year!
Cyndi

Cyn said...

Your post made me cry! Oh how I miss those days. I am lucky now if I get to talk to my boys once a week for 5 minutes on Facebook. Enjoy those moments when you can because it won't be long before they are gone and so busy that won't have time for mom.

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

I found you from a blog from a blog from a blog. :) Your handsome boys are a preview of my kids in just a few more years...minus one boy and throw in a girl. :) My kiddos are 9,7 and 6 (Yes, we have a whirlwind house as I'm sure yours is!)

I just started reading Radical this week. Whoah! Intense.

The one thing I've committed to is DAILY spending time reading my Bible (and before anything else, other than taking kids to school). I'm great at praying and talking with the Lord all day, but I get "so busy" and have never had a regular quiet time. So, that has already changed and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! :)


I blog so you can get a glimpse into my life as wife, mom of 3 boys, and someone who simply wants to bless others along the way. Have fun and be sweet :)


Boy 1

Boy 1

Boy 2

Boy 2

Boy 3

Boy 3

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets


Get your own free Blogoversary button!